Penny Auctions FORUM
ca.nutbid.com - Printable Version

+- Penny Auctions FORUM (https://pennyauctionsforum.com)
+-- Forum: CURRENT SITES - Discussion (https://pennyauctionsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+--- Forum: Good Sites, Bad Sites (https://pennyauctionsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+--- Thread: ca.nutbid.com (/showthread.php?tid=802)

Pages: 1 2

ca.nutbid.com - hidden - 02-12-2018

This bidding site is in Canada and ships to both US and Canada. I've been bidding on this site but am not sure it's legit. They don't reply to any of their emails. I've won several items from them but none of them has been delivered yet. I just need to know if anyone else is bidding on this site and have you received any of your winnings from them, if so , how long did it take.

Thanks

RE: ca.nutbid.com - Belle Readneck - 02-13-2018

I know that Nutbid has a rep for using bots. I have seen known bidder names being used but the known bidder isn't actually bidding. To me, this just throws up all kinds of warnings. I would tread very carefully there.

RE: ca.nutbid.com - hidden - 02-13-2018

Thanks Belle, you can see auctions for 50 dollar gift cards ending for about 1.20 or a lot less, yet I've won 5 gift cards but for all of them, it cost me $100 in bids for each one, that doesn't feel right to me. You would think the odds are I would win one for a lot less than what it's costing me.

RE: ca.nutbid.com - Belle Readneck - 02-14-2018

(02-13-2018, 10:44 PM)hidden Wrote: Thanks Belle, you can see auctions for 50 dollar gift cards ending for about 1.20 or a lot less, yet I've won 5 gift cards but for all of them, it cost me $100 in bids for each one, that doesn't feel right to me. You would think the odds are I would win one for a lot less than what it's costing me.

I would think out of 5, one should have been less than cost for sure. What are the odds of ALL of them going over retail? Sounds fishy to me for sure. I would watch the bidding patterns for a while. Are there certain bidders that seem to take turns clicking? Does there seem to be a rotation to some bidders wins? There are some patterns that are obvious that might give one a reason to back off of a site. Some sites are obvious, others are pretty darn sneaky. Good luck.

RE: ca.nutbid.com - hidden - 02-16-2018

I've completed my testing on this site, I've bid on 8 auctions, all $50 dollar gift cards, I've won them all at a cost of about $100 each, it basically cost me the exact same number of bids to win each of them, I can't be that unlucky. It's always the same, a third person always jumps in then the bidder I'm bidding against drops out, I always bid against the same number of bidders (3) before I win. I'm no longer bidding on this site.

RE: ca.nutbid.com - plb30 - 03-31-2018

(02-16-2018, 10:40 PM)hidden Wrote: I've completed my testing on this site, I've bid on 8 auctions, all $50 dollar gift cards, I've won them all at a cost of about $100 each, it basically cost me the exact same number of bids to win each of them, I can't be that unlucky. It's always the same, a third person always jumps in then the bidder I'm bidding against drops out, I always bid against the same number of bidders (3) before I win. I'm no longer bidding on this site.

So I have some experience on this site that is mixed. My first experience was in 2016 where I bought a small bid pack and then used those bids to try and win a 2TB hdd. I ended up winning it at very near the retail price and was going to use their BIN if I didn't win. I ended up getting the hdd within about a week or so. But since the auctions seemed slow I decided to stop.

Then beezid bit the dust and I've recently decided to give it another go. Well I've spent about $2700 in bids up to now and won 8 auctions. I also used their BIN on another 7 or so. Up to this point I've only received 2 of my wins and 2 of the BIN items. I did get responses to my emails but it's not encouraging as I feel I'm getting the runaround. They said they shipped 2 of my gift cards on March 14th and yet I've not received them up to now. You can't tell me it takes this long even if they were sent by regular mail. I'm very close to starting chargebacks. The only item I can say I won with very few bids is a Nikon camera, it cost me about $50 in bids and is valued at $349. Since then however I have noticed that I too am unable to win the gift cards at the closed prices, which seems very suspicious. I did speak to someone that called me from a Calgary area code that I had a rather lenghty conversation with on several occasions, but still not seeing any movement on my wins/purchases. 

My impression is that they use bots to ensure that they don't lose money. Also their bid pack auctions are unwinnable and I often see then end at 1 cent but can never manage to win 1. My suggestion is to avoid them. I will wait to see what happens with woohoobid as I know Mary is reputable and would feel secure bidding on that site. Smile

RE: ca.nutbid.com - hidden - 03-31-2018

the site is definitely controlled by bots, i've never seen any big ticket items go for next to nothing, I believe you will not win anything unless you are bidding at a loss, I can't even win BIN item for less than what I spent on bids. Any items that appear to be won at a low cost is actually the bot's that won the item. I'm also waiting for Mary's site to come back up.

RE: ca.nutbid.com - plb30 - 03-31-2018

(03-31-2018, 08:11 AM)hidden Wrote: the site is definitely controlled by bots, i've never seen any big ticket items go for next to nothing, I believe  you will not win anything unless you are bidding at a loss, I can't even win BIN item for less than what I spent on  bids.  Any items that appear to be won at a low cost is actually the bot's that won the item. I'm also waiting for Mary's site to come back up.

It's funny because as I was reading your post about not seeing any big ticket items go for next to nothing, it reminded me of something very odd that I noticed recently. I saw a $900+ smart phone finish at $0.01. I then checked the closed auctions and to my surprise it was not there. 

Why can't there be at least 1 reputable site out there to bid on. I really hope Mary's site comes back soon or I may just give on penny auctions entirely.

RE: ca.nutbid.com - Belle Readneck - 03-31-2018

Yep, I think we are all waiting for Mary. LOL I have been bidding on QuiBids and RediBids. Kocopelle less frequently. Those are the only sites at present I have had any luck at and receive wins very quickly. Until woohoo comes back the choices are very limited to say the least. Sure do miss the penny auction industry in its heyday. Was quite a ride! Smile

RE: ca.nutbid.com - hidden - 04-02-2018

Well I'm down to my last bidding site, Quibids, things are not looking really great for pennyauction sites, it was fun while it lasted, we'll see if any other new ones pop up.